Travel Knitting - To India & Knitter's Pride!

Going to India!

This was me, just 30 hours ago, at the Reno Airport - preparing for the 1st of 4 flights that got me to Delhi, India... where I will be spending the week with my friends Suman and Shirish from Knitters Pride Needles!!

Later on today (Monday), the 3 of us will take another flight down to their factory in Jaipur, India... I get to actually watch needles being made and meet the people that make them. I am soooooo excited!!

I'll keep you posted (ha!) on how the trip goes...

 

In the meantime, here's what I accomplished during the 4 flights (in addition to hours and hours of sleep!):


6 of the 11 Shards are done (on flight #2 from Denver to Chicago)!

Pattern: Shard by Romi Hill

Yarn: 1 hank of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Edith's Secret

Needles: US 2 32" Knitter's Pride Karbonz Circulars

 

On Flight #3 (chicago to newark), I started a new project (I just couldnn't wait - and couldn't resist bbringing "vintage Sari and "Holi Festival" with me!))

Pattern: HowlCat by DullRoar Designs

Yarn: Madelinetosh Tosh Dk in Vintage Sari

Needles:US 6 40" from the Knitter's Pride Dreamz Interchangeable Set (the tips on these are GREAT!)

Technique: Magic Loop

 

Madelinetosh Tosh DK in Vintage Sari

 



And this is how far I got!

p.s. thanks, Diane Soucy, for this travel tip:

The #Howlcat pattern says to rib for 10" before changing colors. Instead of carrying around my tape measure, I tied a knot in my cast-on tail at the 10" mark. When the cowl is as tall as the knot, I can switch colors!

 

 

 

you might also like

travelknitting

No comments:

Post a Comment

FancyTheme