Knitting, How Much do I Love Thee? Let Me Count the Projects!



One of the most frequent questions I'm asked in the store is how many projects do I have going at any one time. I usually just rattle off whatever I'm currently working on but a couple of days ago I looked around and realized I just have way too many projects going. No wonder I'm not finishing any! LOL!

I thought I would share some of them with you.



First there is my A-line Hoodie from our recent Knit Red Knit-A-Long.  The pattern is by Diane Soucy and can be found in Knit Red by Laura Zander.  I'm using Berroco Vintage in color 5150 Berries.

I'm using my new favorite needles, Knitter's Pride  Cubic circulars size US #8.

I'm knitting on this project just as fast as I can so I can wear it now the weather is getting cold!








 When I first saw the Wingspan Shawl by Maylin Tri'coterie Designs on Raverly I knew I had to make it.  I love the way bold, self striping yarns look in this pattern. I've chosen Schoppel Wolle Crazy Zauberball in color 1507 Herbstwind and Addi Lace circular needles.  This is a wonderfully soft yarn and the colors are so vibrant!


I have been trying to knit socks for myself for the past couple of years.  I have about five different pairs in different techniques started.  My problem is, they keep getting preempted by gifts for family and other projects.  I'm promising myself that I will finish them this winter so I have warm and toasty toes!

This pair is Never Not Knitting's Amelie Socks.  I'm working this pair according to the Magic Loop instructions. I love this pattern and highly recommend it to anyone who wants to learn each of the three main methods for knitting sock because the pattern has instructions for double points, 2 circulars and Magic Loop.

The yarn is Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Tuscany on Addi Lace circular needle.

I often like to have several projects going of different skill levels.  Seems like I've been mostly needing mindless, cruising knitting lately so these wonderful socks have take a back seat.  This is quite a challenging pattern. It can be found for free on Ravelry at Neko Knits.  The pattern is Seriously Southwestern Socks.  Mary, the designer is a local customer and a great sock designer! She designed this sock specifically to use one of our Lorna's Laces Limited Edition colors.  Since that color was no longer available when I started my socks I chose Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Gold Hill and Charcoal.  To further complicate this mosaic knitting pattern I'm working them two at a time on two Addi Lace circular needles!  So this most definitely is a "need to concentrate" project.

 I've been working on this little sweater for my now 10 month old granddaughter.  It's Knitting Pure & Simple New Born Layette Pattern #121.  I'm knitting the 12 month size and I'm getting nervous that she'll have outgrown it before I finish!  The yarn is again Lorna's Laces Sock in one of our Limited Editions colors - Wonderstone.  I've been knitting this project on Knitter's Pride Cubics too.







This is lonely project is my Knitbots Featherweight Cardigan in MadelineTosh Prairie.  The color is Earl Grey.  I started this one last year and it has been laying around looking forlorn so I will get back to it after my holiday knitting so it will be done for next spring.
Now for my holiday knitting!  I'm working on a throw for my very special someone.  I'm making the Cabled Afghan, pattern #30 from the Holiday 2012 issue of KnitSimple Magazine. I'm using Cascade Baby Alpaca Chunky in the discontinued color of 621 and again the Knitter's Pride Cubics US #11.





And my latest start is the Knitting Pure & Simple Little Girls Top Down Dress for my granddaughter. I'm making the 18 month size and I'm using Berroco Vintage Colors in 5219 Purple Haze. This time I'm using Knitter's Pride Dreamz in size US 6. I've been knitting so many top down sweaters lately I thought that instead of a plain stockinette skirt I'd do a Feather and Fan pattern.  So far it looks great and think it will be very cute.


So those are the projects that I have going right now that were most accessible as I was planning this post.  I'm almost embarrassed to say that I do have lots more UFOs that I really need to finish.  Maybe now that winter is arriving I'll be able to get caught up on my knitting.  Of course, there are the new projects that are tempting me to start them... What's a knitter to do!?  (Cast on a new project of course! Silly question!)

Terry

you might also like

zauberball

No comments:

Post a Comment

FancyTheme